Study Abroad 2014
Fátima Serra, World Languages and Cultures
The new SSU Core being implemented in 2015 has a World Cultures Requirement and the best way to fulfill it is by total immersion in a new culture abroad while learning a different language.
The World Languages and Cultures Department has great, affordable programs that will help you achieve this goal. A program abroad will also enhance your résumé and make you stand out when applying for a job or graduate school.
After all, studying abroad is an INVESTMENT. When you write your next CV, enhance your experience in a different country by pointing out the valuable skills your abroad studies contributed to your education:
- Knowledge of other cultures
- People skills and understanding of difference
- Fluency in different languages
- Ability to plan and execute additional studies in a challenging environment
- Problem solving
- System creator
- Fast Paced Learner
- Group worker
Go ahead and plan your study abroad with the World Languages and Cultures Department. You can choose semester and/or summer programs in Spain, Canada or Italy.
Special events this summer!!:
- Second time around for our summer Costa Rica Program in June 2014. Spend a month in Heredia, Costa Rica, discover volcanoes, beaches, wildlife and nature adventures while earning six credits of Spanish. www.soleducation.com/salemstate For more information, contact Dr. Serra: email@example.com
- First time around for our Berlin summer Program: http://www.centerforstudyabroad.com/humboldt-university-berlin/ Earn language and culture credits in German and participate in activities and excursions in the area. Starting mid-June. For more information, contact Dr. Minervini: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early registration is suggested for both programs! Financial Aid available.
To enroll in these programs or other programs in the world at SSU stop by the Study Abroad office at the Center for International Education in South Campus, 8 Harrison Rd, (the little green house).